You’re having some friends over for dinner, when someone accidentally spills wine on your carpet. Time to act fast! Acting fast can make sure the wine stain is removed completely from your carpet, without leaving a mark or stain. But what do you do? Here’s what you can do to save your precious carpet when it comes to a few unexpected wine stains!
- Blot the stain with a dry rag/towel to drain excess liquid.
- Pour a tiny bit of water on the stain to saturate and dilute the wine, then keep blotting with a rag/towel.
- Mix 1 part water and 3 parts baking soda to create a paste.
- Generally apply the paste onto the stain and let it sit for 20 minutes, then vacuum to lift the residue.
Dish Soap & Vinegar
- Blot the stain with a rag or towel.
- Mix 2 cups of water with a tablespoon of dish water and a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Pour a small amount of the solution on the stain and blot until the stain is gone.
- Apply a small amount of water to the stain, and then add a hefty amount of salt to cover the stain.
- Don’t blot or touch the stain, leave the salt on the area until morning.
- The salt should be crystallized and have a pink hue.
- Vacuum the salt and be amazed that the stain is lifted.
- Blot the stain with a rag or towel to absorb as much liquid as possible.
- Pour club soda over the stain, wait a few seconds, and then blot the area again.
- Once the spot is dry, repeat the pouring of club soda and blot until the stain is lifted.
Other Traditional Carpet Stain Removal and Cleaner Sprays
When it comes to wine stains, you may want to DIY a solution to see if this lifts the stain fast, as it always recommended you act quickly to lift the wine stain quickly. However, if you are unable to use the methods above or the stain is persistent, a carpet spray cleaner or stain removal product from the store may be the best option. Just remember to always test a small patch of carpet with whatever product you choose, to make sure the carpet doesn’t lose color or fade. Some store-bought cleaners and stain removal products may contain ingredients that can wear down carpet color and appearance, so it is better to be safe than sorry!
Carpet and Flooring in Menifee
If your carpet is old and needs to be replaced, where are you turning to for quality flooring options? If you are looking for a Menifee carpet and flooring business that provides top-notch products and expertise, Temecula Carpets is the business to call! When wine happens to your carpet, it is always key to try any stain removal methods first, as well as store-bought products. When your carpet is way past saving, it may be time for brand-new carpeting!